Thursday, December 23, 2010

December 21

I feel a sense of hope that I rarely feel in the winter. Part of it is that my favorite and least favorite day of the year has passed. I despise December 21 and love it. Why? It is the shortest day of the year. I hate it because it is so short. I love it because after that day, the days start getting longer until June 21, another day that I love and hate. I think things start to feel a bit brighter when the sun is out later. Now if we could just get some warmth. It also means that winter has started and once winter starts, it is only a matter of time before it ends. I am ready for its end. I am already dreaming of spring with green grass, blooming daffodils, warm days, and the sun just shining away magnificently. It always gives me hope. What 90 something days left now...I can make it.
I am a lucky woman, and I know it.

No comments: