Tuesday, December 7, 2010

As it gets closer

I get more and more excited for the impending surgery in January. Yes, I have about 50 humps to get through before then....son's oral surgery which is tomorrow, his birthday, his birthday party, Christmas with both sets of families, New Years, a station conversion, 6 FCC reports, and one EEO FCC report. It is a lot to think about it!
My husband said to me last night that he would not have me cancel surgery because he knows how important it is to me. I would cancel it in a heartbeat if I thought it would negatively impact my family in any way, but yes, it is very important to me. I enjoy my husband, but feel that I would enjoy him a lot more if I liked my body. Ultimately, I can live with the extra skin around my tummy, but not my breasts. It is tough to see great perky breasts everywhere and then see mine. It certainly makes me self conscious. I cannot hide my breasts in push up and padded bras from him. I want to be sexy and vibrant for him as much as for myself. I got married for life so this is it for us. It is a package deal. One of the questions on the implant board is why are you getting surgery. I can answer it honestly. I am getting surgery because I am 34 and feel 64 most days. I feel way older than my years. This summer I started to feel young and vibrant and sexy. Then I lost a little more weight and saw pictures of my breasts and felt old again. I want that back and I want it to be better than before. I figure surgery can help to give me back those feelings. Then maybe I will stop acting like I am 64 and live a little.
I am down to 136 and proud of it even though it is not where I need to be right now to hit 130 by surgery date. I never thought I could get below 140 and here I am. I am hoping to be 133 or 132 by surgery date and then lose 10 pounds by my birthday. I am realistic and while I do not like it expect to gain a few pounds post surgery so my goal is to lose it and then some by my birthday. 125 pounds here I come. Just hoping I will be back full at the gym by February, but that is another story...

No comments: