Saturday, October 23, 2010

Crossroads

I am really at a crossroads in a lot of ways. First, do I get a lift and implants or not? I really want to get implants. We were watching a show last night, and it mentioned how the breast is how women identify themselves as women. Mine look like I am 80 years old. I am 34. I figured maybe just a lift then, but then I would end up with 36 B's at the most and my right breast is seriously smaller than the left so I would be left with two breasts that are different sizes and a lift would make that more noticeable. Really I think a lift with implants is my best option. I would not go huge. I want to look how I looked in high school. I had great 36C breasts. I will admit that they never really hung properly. They have always sagged. I guess that is the thing...now that I know how normal breasts look, I want to have normal breasts. I think the last time I had normal hanging breasts, I was in the 5th grade.
The other crossroads...I do not know what to do about my daughter. I do not mean the one that I live with. Yes, a dirty little secret (I have two secrets!) is that I had a baby when I was 16. I put her up for adoption with what I thought were two mature, stable people. Fast forward 12 years later. Nope, they got divorced, and it was pretty bitter. Now my daughter is failing almost half of her classes her senior year of high school. I watch shows like Intervention so I see the damage that divorce does to children which is why I will NEVER allow my husband to leave our family nor will I ever leave him. I will not do that to my children. I cannot imagine what a bitter divorce does to the children left behind. I see the remnants in my oldest child. She is broken, and I do not know how to fix her. The truth of the matter is that I cannot fix her. Her parents have to do it, and they are too busy aggravating one another. My own mother keeps saying that we can fix this. We can fix this. I want to know how. I do not know what the answer is. All that I know is that I see a broken child who needs therapy and a true voice and a chance to guide her life but also get truthful and helpful guidance from her mom and dad. So this is my promise to my son and daughter with my hubby: I will never allow you to waste your talents, youth, and intellect. I want you to be independent and ultimately learn how to take care of yourself, but I will make sure that lesson does not come at a price. I will make sure that I push you as hard as I have to so you are forced to succeed because success opens doors.

No comments: