Sunday, August 29, 2010

Summer is ending...

The days are getting shorter. It just depresses me. I love the fact that it is in the low 60's when I go for a run on the weekends, but I hate that I have to go out to run so late due to the later sunrise and I hate that it is getting dark so early. I know it is 8 o'clock, but still... Everyone talks about how wonderful the fall is. What is great about it? It gets dark earlier, it is a precursor to the cold, and everything starts to die. Yeah sounds perfect. I like the spring as the northern hemisphere comes to life. It just puts me in a better mood. I have something to look forward to this winter, but I still find it hard to cheer for the season ahead.
I am working on getting back to taking better care of myself. I was down to 141.3 yesterday. I will miss my goal of 140 for the end of August, but admittedly, I have not worked very hard this month. I am going to really try to get back on the train now. I ran almost 5 miles yesterday. It felt so good. I love running. I forget that when I do not run frequently. I am eating fairly well. I am going to work really hard this Sept to get down to 135 by the end of the month. I usually give myself about 3-4 pounds to lose each month, but I never stay on track so I am going to be ambitious and see if that motivates me. It really is in part about how I look, but there is a large portion that is health related. I want to be healthy and feel young and vibrant. I want to be able to do things with my kids and chase them and just be the fun mom to them.
Speaking of my kids, I do not talk about it a lot but my daughter is amazing. She is brilliant. That is already evident. She really counts...she does not just go through the numbers. She counts. I think it makes her a more difficult child in that she knows exactly what she wants and does not care how you feel about it. She knows she is right and that is it in her mind. I love her to bits, but she can be so frustrating. Her birthday is in October so my husband and I have to figure out what to do about school. Do we send her to a private kindergarten at age 4 and then put her in first grade in public school the next year? Or do we keep her back with her age group but then make her a lot older than most of her classmates. If she were not so smart, I would not worry about it, but I do not want her bored. I want to make sure that she is stimulated properly. A big concern about putting her into school early is Jackson. How do I deal with him being only a year ahead of her in school? It is a lot to think about. That is what I hate being about a mom. You make hundreds of decisions and hope that each one is the right one for your kids. Still have a tough time both days believing that I am a mom.

No comments: