Sunday, October 26, 2014

Bulimia and eating healthy and hormones

I know that eating no sugar and no flour or grains helps my hormones.  I went from having super short cycles to long cycles and now need to get back to some kind of regular cycle.  I am spotting a lot again.  My diet has been atrocious which has left me feeling down (that crap really seems to affect my moods) and my hormones going nuts.  It has also caused a relapse of the bulimia.  My therapist recommended a food diary.  It is supposed to keep you from overeating.  I tend to shy away from those just because it is annoying to have to write everything down.  That is the point, of course.  I am going to try something new today.  Rather than writing it, I am going to type it here.  That will be interesting.  Let's see if I can keep that up! 
I am feeling overwhelmed and bummed these days.  My run today was overwhelming.  Everything seems to overwhelm me and I only have so much energy to give.  I stopped at 3 miles and then came home and cried.  I feel so weak.  Why am I so weak and undisciplined?  I hate that about myself.  I feel like a failure. 
I do not have the strength to go into it now so instead I will just type out what I ate today:
1 slice of ezekial bread.
4 tablespoons of peanut butter.
5 fruit tootsie rolls.
2 chocolate tootsie rolls.
1 starburst.
1 fajita chicken salad with gaucamole.
Small piece of the shell for my salad.
1/2 cup of almonds.
2 pieces of celery.
4 tablespoons of sugar cookie dough.
3 oz of salmon.
1/4 cup of garlic potatoes.
1 cup of broccoli.
1 cup of mixed salad greens with red and green peppers.
3 slices of bell peppers.
2 ancient warrior bars.
1/4 cup of ground turkey.

I think that is everything.  What needs to go?  The candy, obviously.  The other things are the shell from my salad, the cookie dough, and the potatoes.  Really, the ancient warrior bars have too much sugar so maybe a half a one is ok each day.  Other than those things, I am good to go.  Tomorrow will hopefully be better.  I am on day two of no binging and purging.  Hopefully I can make it a full week.  I am spotting a ton right now just waiting for my period to start.  I want it to come now, but with my waxing tomorrow, that may not be a good thing.  I am now thinking that maybe another day or two is best.

No comments: