Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Perhaps cured of high estrogen?

Do I dare so that or does saying it mean that my estrogen will go roaring to new heights?  I do not know, but what I do know is that for the first time in years, I had a normal start to my period.  One day I did not have my period and the next day I did.  There was no build up, no days of bleeding leading up to it, and no horrible PMS (ok I did have one day of being in a bad mood) beforehand.  I gave up sugar.  Yes, I did.  I gave up added sugar and processed carbs.  The only carbs I eat now are fruits and vegetables and beans and I do eat 1 slice of whole wheat bread a day, but it is just one slice.  That is it. (Bok choy has become a very good friend of mine. I eat my weight in it each week.)  For whatever reason, it has made all of the difference in the world.  Studies are true.  Sugar and carbs do bad things for some people.  I will be honest.  I would love a loaf of french bread.  I would love a piece of pizza, but the benefit of not bleeding all month, is worth the price I pay to give those things up.  I feel better not worrying about bleeding all of the time.  Might the random bleeding come back, perhaps, but this cycle was a good one so I am hopeful.
I also came to another realization this month.  I will never be petite.  I have said that before, but I truly accept it now.  Lucy equated being petite with being beautiful.  I have rejected that.  Thank you to the wonderful women at Oxygen magazine, I now see that I can be beautiful in a strong way.  I can work with my body.  My body is stronger than most women.  I think I can build muscle better and faster and larger than most women.  I am broad to begin with just by nature.  Why not work with that?  I started lifting weights this week.  It is something I hope I can maintain.  I am not worried about not keeping it up for the lack of desire but more for the lack of time.  I want to be strong and beautiful and I now know that I can be both.  Hopefully I will start to see some positive changes in the next few weeks.  The magazine said to skip the "women's weights" and go big so I have.  Go big or go home so they say.  I definitely adopt that in many aspects of my life so why not with this too. 
My tests for the running all came back clear and today's run was fantastic in a fun and challenging way.  As I told my BFF last Friday after we ran 7, "I am back!"  I will try to remember the awful feeling of being anxious about running and try to remember why I run today and even more so why I run every day.  I want to be strong and powerful.  I can do so and still be sexy and feminine. 
Now I am off to eat more fruit...

No comments: