Saturday, January 28, 2012

And the winter blues kick in and are making up for lost time....

I thought I would skip them this year. I made it all the way to January 16 without feeling them. Some might say that the reason why I made it so far into the year is because it has been unseasonably warm this year. That would incorrect. I know the 50's in the winter is "warm" but for me, it is not "warm." Warm to me is 73-74 and above. Ok, I can live pretty happily in the mid to upper 60's, but I prefer it above 73. Unseasonably warm around here in January means over 40. The temps have ranged around the upper 40's to mid 50's. I will take it because it is way better than last year when it was in the 30's throughout Jan and most of Feb, but it is not my ideal. So sometime last week the winter blues kicked in and let me tell you, the blues are gaining ground on the fact that they waited until mid Jan to find me. I hate the winter blues and add to it the fact that February is a day longer this year. I pray each day for an early spring. We deserve it as we have not had one in ages and the springs have been late the last few years. I need an early spring. I need open toed shoes and halter tops and bikini weather. Ok, right about now I would take short sleeves. I would take not freezing my baguettes off as I get in the car to go to the gym. I hope that they groundhog does not see his shadow Thurs. I am fighting the winter blues as best as I can, but it is hard. Just hard. I laugh when I think about my hubby wanting me to move to Boston. What a freaking joke. I would hate him every day of the fall, winter, and early spring.
I am down to 137 so I have lost a lot of weight in the last two weeks for someone my size. (At my weight, losing over a pound a week is a lot.) I am relieved. My eating habits have changed a lot. Although you would not know it by the way I packed it in on breakfast pizza this am. Sorry, but I never allow myself to eat like that and it was so good. There is a picture of Mirand Kerr on Wonderwall. Look, I think she is a pretty girl, but she needs help in the chest area and gets it from padding thanks to her main employer Victoria Secret, and I do not mean bras. That is a joke. Bras do not make your chest look larger in a bra or swimsuit.... There is one picture of her from this year's runway show where they have padded her in all of the right places and such. Whenever I need a motivator for my eating habits, I search for it. It helps a lot. My goal weight now is 128. I think I can do it by January 1. That gives me 17 weeks to do it. I can do it. Food no longer entertains me like it used to. Ok this am did, but that is because I never have cheese, bacon, or sausage. Yes, I mean NEVER so this am was a nice indulgence because it never happens. I will say that I love how kind people are, but food is so pervasive in our society that it is constantly pushed on you. I do not eat candy, cookies or cake and when I decline it, you would think that I have grown two additional heads. Drives me crazy. I try to avoid processed sugar as much as I can. I know it comes from a good place, but no means no, and it is constantly pressed on me even when I decline. Do not need it or want it!
Is there anything wrong with a beer at noon? A bit buzzed from the one I had for lunch.

No comments: