Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Amazing what stress will do to your body

I have to reduce stress. The problem is that I never really relax. When you look up working, in-shape, mom of two, there I am. My entire life is stress. I am up at 4:30a to go to the gym. Then I run home to get the kids ready for school. As soon as my son gets on the bus, I am off to work to arrive there at 7:35a. I work until 5p when I pick up the kids and rush home to get dinner started so we can eat at 6p. Then after dinner, it is entertain the kids and spend time with them until bedtime for the kids at 8p. By the time my daughter falls asleep, I am exhausted since I get up at 4:30a. As I told my hubby today, the most relaxing part of my day is at 4:50a when I in front of the gym waiting for them to open the doors. Why? It is the one time of the day that I am not rushing to next event. Some days I wish that they never opened those doors. On Thursdays, the am chick opens at 4:55a. Most people there like it. Not I. It is nice to start the workout earlier, but I like that time I have in the car. It is warm and peaceful and no one needs anything.
How do I destress when I do not know how to not stress? Being fabulous is tough, I guess. Are my physical manifestations just a side effect? No one can do it all, but aren't we told on a regular basis that super models are thin and beautiful and now they are all moms and they do it all....right? Granted they have a nanny or two, but still. Isn't it constantly bombarded to women on a regular basis that we can do it all and be the woman we need to be for everyone?
Anyways, I did not hit back in the 140's on a Sunday or Monday for the first time in a year. I am pretty proud of that. I weighed 137.6 this am and considering that it is Tuesday, I am hopeful I will hit 135 something by Friday, the day my weight is lowest. My goal is still 128. My physical therapist has me doing planks now. Lordy, am I ever sore from those, but it is worth it. He knows his stuff and I am thankful to have a great physical therapist. I will be sad in some ways when our time is done just because I have learned so much. Ok as much I like the physical therapist I hate going too. Why? It is one more obligation. See part of me thinks I need to change my mindset. Why is everything an obligation to me. I like physical therapy. I like the team there. The reason I stress over going is because I worry all eyes are on me, something I am not comfortable with at all. In reality, I know that people are doing their own thing, but my mind takes over.
The hubby asked how I relax...Maybe the better question is what is not an obligation to me. Spending time with Ames when we walk, emailing Ann, taking the kids to the park, spending time alone with my hubby. I relax when I garden so I did have one answer at least for that....

No comments: