Sunday, January 9, 2011

It is almost here....

The day of my surgery is almost here. I cannot believe it. Two more work days and then the next day is surgery. I scheduled it months ago so it is just hard to believe that I have almost made it. I knew once December started that time would just fly on by. I remember when I scheduled the surgery thinking, "Can I really do this? Am I really going to spend the $. Should I really do this?" If all goes well and there are few to no complications, I truly think that this will be the best $10G we have ever spent.
I had a dream last night that I was post surgery and going to see my OB/gyn for some crazy reason. Anyways, my breasts were at first smaller than I wanted, but then all of a sudden they were bigger and exactly what I wanted. It was nice. I hope that I am larger enough, but not too larger. After it is all said and done, I think a DD is truly what I am aiming for. I can get a revision to go smaller as I get older since I will likely need a lift again at some point anyways.
I totally embarrassed myself with my boss last week. He knows about the surgery so he asked if I was nervous about next week. We ended up talking about recovery. So he says to me, "Do not do too much." I think he is talking about the surgery so I say, "Do not worry. I am not going all Dolly Parton on you." No, he was still talking about recovery. I wanted to hide in his closet. I was so embarrassed that I started sweating profusely. It was bad. One of my co-workers who has had surgery said that it is because my mind is focused only on surgery and she is right. I have to get through that to get to the recovery portion so I am very focused on surgery only for now.
I get up early Tu-Sat for workouts, but I have started getting up early on Sundays too so that I have time to myself in the am. It is so nice. I just sit here and do whatever the hell I want. No kids bothering me. Nothing to do other than exactly what I want. No kids shows on. Nothing. I really enjoy it. I hope to keep doing it long term. Just so nice and peaceful. Before I am able to workout again, I might do that a few times a week.
Yes, the workouts. That is the only thing bothering me about the surgery. I hate that I cannot work out for two weeks at a minimum and I know even then that I will have to work my more strenous exercises back in like running and rowing which sucks because I really think the combo is what is taking more weight off. I am down to 134.5. Never thought that would happen. My goal is still 130. The surgery will bloat me and even add 2-3 pounds for the implants, but my goal is not to be 130 by Memorial Day. I figure (and hope) that I will be back to full running and rowing by my birthday. If I can do and do not gain more than a few pounds (not just implant pounds) post surgery then I can get there. I never thought I would get below 140 and then never thought I would get below 135 so this has been great! I just have to stay here, though, and not gain too much weight while I wait to work out. I am in the best shape of my life and do not want to lose that at all. Telling you...rowing and running is the magic combo.

No comments: