Friday, August 22, 2008

Why do I let jerks get to me?

I thought that my aggravation with one of my co-workers would help out with my running tonight. I thought that it would fuel me a little more, but honestly, I think it inhibited me a bit. I only made it two miles (yes, I cannot believe that I just said that.) I think I was too worked up to really get a good mindset for running. I was not planning to ride the bike, but I tried. I am just not into it tonight so I will settle for the 2 miles. It is just such a disappointment after the great 3.2 mile run I had last night.
I am left wondering now why I let this jerk who isn't even in my local office get to me. I think I am spoiled. No one else with whom I work is disrespectful and that includes my boss. My boss is always very respectful and expects the same from everyone. The worst part is that the jerk is coming to our office on Monday so I have meet him. I am dreading it in some ways. In others, knowing that I am going to meet him for the first time on Monday has helped to fuel my one-third life crisis. Why? I think that looking good is good revenge when it comes to dealing with men. It drives them crazy when a pretty chick doesn't give them the time of day. I will be polite, of course, but I will make sure he gets that I don't have the time of day for him. He will get the message. Of that, I am quite sure. Anyways, knowing that I am going to see him has helped to stop me from eating that last cracker and has kept me at least walking most nights. Now that I think about it, maybe I should hop back up on that bike...

No comments: