Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Glad it is over and other news

I am relieved that the visit with the jerky sales manager is over. He is a jerk and did he ever prove it. He kept staring at me like he expected me to flirt with him. Umm, I don't think so. I am glad that they left today. I plan to keep my dealings with him to a minimum. Knowing he was coming did keep me on track for my weight loss and work outs. I will have to find some new motivation.
I hate the week before my period. I want to eat EVERYTHING in site and I never feel like running. Part of me would prefer to go for a long walk tonight like I planned last night. (The lightning stopped me.) I didn't get my walk last night and now I need to run tonight. I am having a hard time motivating myself, but I really want to lose another 26 pounds so I just need to remind myself to keep working at it.
I started to think yesterday about how some things don't change for very good reasons. I wanted to lose weight in college. I weighed about 185 pounds then. I am 5 ft 7 in so I was a good 30 pounds minimum overweight. I gained more and more as time went on. I hated it, but if I had not stayed that way, I am not sure that I would have the things that I have in my life right now. I might have done some stupid things like cheated on Jon or something which meant that I would not have him now. I may want to look younger, but I wouldn't do a thing differently so I am glad that I am not younger. Youth definitely has its advantages, but so does age. I know now that I should have saved like crazy back in my 20's. I am saving like crazy now, but I am 32. It would have been better to start earlier. I wish that I had.
I noticed that people are starting to notice me more. I know that I look better thinner so it is kind of funny to me. That does help today when I need motivation to run. Maybe I will just walk. I don't want to ever hate running so maybe walking for an hour is enough.
At least the long weekend is coming up.

No comments: