Thursday, August 14, 2008

Plumbing issues

Having a one-third life crisis when you have major plumbing issues in your house is more trying. Why? Well, our yard looks like we live in Georgia (the country not the state.) So not only are we paying for the plumbing, but now we have to repair the yard. More money to keep the house up and less money to help me get a new look. The big joke is that my husband has been talking for years about "getting a new look." That started at my oldest nephew's 8th or 9th birthday party. It was a roller skating party. There was a dude there who I thought was my husband when I saw him from behind. When I told my hubby that, he looked at the dude and told me, "It is time for a new look." My oldest nephew will be 14 this November if that tells you anything. So now I am in search of my "new look." Yes, I would like to dress a little more provocatively and maybe accessorize a little better. I hope 5 or 6 years from now I will not still be in the process of searching for my new look. Ugh. In 5 years I will be on the downward slide to 40. Excuse me while I go throw up now.
I also realized that I need to work on how Jon and I deal with stress in our lives especially when our kids are around. We do not deal with it well, and it definitely affects our son who is almost 3. We need to do better. My son is very sensitive. He gets very upset when he is put in a time out or thinks he is being punished. He really berates himself even at his young age. We need to be more careful around him. Part of what has been so frustrating about our household issues is that I don't want to be an adult right now. I don't want to be 32 with plumbing problems. I want to be 25 and out dancing and not worrying about my yard.
Ok, keep thinking the following:
1. I do not live in Georgia (Again the country not the state.)
2. My kids are relatively healthy for the most part. (Yes, my son has a cold, but it is just a cold.)
3. The rash from the firming cream seems to be getting better slowly but surely and the itch cream does help.
4. About 5 people today told me how thin I am getting including my husband. That was nice.
5. I ran 3 miles when I did not even want to walk tonight.
6. Tomorrow is Friday.
7. I do not live in Georgia (The state this time. Sorry, I have never been a fan.)

It could be worse.

No comments: