Sunday, August 3, 2014

Back from vacation

And a little depressed as always.  It just seems to always go by so quickly.  I remember thinking as we were driving out to our destination that it will be over before we know it.  So true.  I had a ton of fun as always.  My family is pretty fun.  I was sick for most of the vacation.  My body rejected the processed food that is pretty much your only choice at restaurants.  It was not good, but I got through it.  I think that the kids had fun.  It makes me pine away for some of our later vacations.  I love vacation but I hate it too because it gets me out of my routine.  I need routine to be able to really run and get through workouts on the mental level.  Those workouts have suffered, of course.  I am hoping to get back this week. It will feel good.  I want to work on speed since the dream of the marathon is gone this year.  I just do not have the strength or desire to put that much energy into it this year.  It takes so much and I just do not have the mental fortitude to get through it.  I am hoping that a focus on speed will be enough to keep me feeling satisfied. I have to fine some good butt routines to help my saggy tush.  It is not pretty.  I am trying to stay away from additional exercises, but I am not sure that is a realistic goal.  Time is such a factor for me.  I just do not have that much more additional time. Being a working mom, it is just tough to work it all in.  I could really use another 2 hours in the day...
Dealing with the vacation hangover today...trying to get the kids school supplies today.  Back to real life really quickly. 
I have set a personal goal for myself.  One that I will talk about more if I get through it in the next few weeks.  It is BIG!  I am hoping I can do it for at least a week.  It is tough so it will be rough. 

No comments: