Saturday, December 8, 2012

Messages from an overstressed working mom....

One down...329 to go.  I have one major hurdle down yesterday thanks to Papa Neal.  Only 329 more problems to resolve some of which are personal and some of which are professional.  Seems like the problems just keep stacking up.  I am always amazed at my ability to deal with more stress.  I always think of myself as super stressed out and not sure what to do, but in reality, I deal with a lot of stress and have the gift of compartmentalization with so it does not completely affect my life every moment.  Sure it comes in waves, but for the most part, I can ignore some.  Thankfully. 
I rowed this am.  I have started a new series of jumping exercises to help strengthen the hips and thighs.  So far so good.  Yesterday's run with my BFF was faster than our normal pace and it felt pretty effortless.  The funny thing about yesterday is that the temp was around 39/40 and it really did not bother me.  I keep telling her that she is toughening me up!  I am trying to ignore the numbers on the scale.  As long as I am eating right which I feel like I am for the most part (Ok, I had a cupcake yesterday but it was our holiday party at work...) and working out well 6 days a week, I am happy and doing what I should be doing.  It makes it hard to ignore the #'s on the scale not going down, but it is what it is.  So I was a bit depressed yesterday.  The Granny Smith apples I bought were on the sweeter side.  I like them super tart.  What the heck?
I am sitting here at 8:20am with the TV off.  I have to say, it is so nice.  The kids are entertained and the hubby is occupying himself with his iPod.  The constant sound coming from the TV tends to make me crazy so it is a nice change to have it off in the am.  Just peaceful.  We tend to rely too much on the TV as most folks do.  May sound weird coming from someone in TV, but it is true. 
Tomorrow is a long run.  I feel ready to tackle one again.  I am always fearful of wimping out, but I am hopeful that I will not do so tomorrow.  I just have to remember to keep on pushing.  If the sun is out, I find that I do better so fingers crossed that today's clouds disperse.  I am trying to stay in half marathon shape so the transition to full marathon training next fall goes well.  I know that I have a lot of time, but I have a lot of pride in doing the long runs, and it is not pride of how others see me.  It is very internal.  It makes me happy. 

No comments: