Saturday, May 24, 2014

Pretty Scary

I am getting ready to embark on a completely different way of eating.   It is pretty scary.  The question always is with my eating disorder, can I stick with it?  Can I keep it up?  I have two very large motivators to keeping up with it.  One is hormonal, and the other is weight management.  Honestly, the hormonal part is a larger motivator than anything else right now.  I also have a feeling that once I get the hormonal part fixed, some of the weight management part will manage itself.  Maybe not, but research indicates some of that.  I have a week until my half marathon this year.  I am so not ready.  It makes me nervous.  The most I am really ready for is maybe 10-11 miles.  That last 5k might do me in.  My BFF says that walking is fine if we need to, but I really hate to do that to her. 
We are in our last 2-3 weeks of my son's baseball.  I am going to miss it. It will be nice not to have to run around town 3 days a week, but it has been great to be outside so much and to watch baseball games and to be around other adults at the game.  There are a lot of nice parents there.
Emotionally, I am feeling ok.  I am not happy with my body.  That is not helping.  It has been a rough week for the hubby and I.  We are very out of sync and it is not looking favorable to get back in sync.  He thinks that physical connections will help that.  I need the emotional connection to even think about the physical stuff.  Men tend to go down the wrong path.  I do not get it! 

No comments: