Sunday, August 4, 2013

Back from vacation and depressed

I love the beach.  I know my hometown beach is not a fancy beach or one of the best beaches in the world.  (I get sick of people saying that when I mention where we vacation especially when they LIVE there!!)  It is a beach, though.  How bad can it be?  I love the beach.  I love being there.  I love everything about it.  It is me.  My hubby says that and he is so right.  I love the fact that there is something always going on and the water and the sand that I hate even.  I want to go back and do it all over.  I am a better person at the beach.  That is probably why I prefer to be there.  I go and I come back depressed.  I don't want to go back to my real life with work.  I want my family there with me so it is not about them. 
I wanted to say too that I meet the nicest people at the beach.  We have met most of the hotel staff where we stay and they are amazing.  We were lucky enough to meet a very kind gentleman from Turkey.  He is so kind and super hard working.  He goes back home in September.  My son adores him and truly believes we will see him again next year.  How do I tell a 7 year old that he met this man for the last time this past week?  It got me thinking and wondering if we would ever hear from him again and if we wanted to, how would we hear from him again?  Facebook?  Is it time for me to get on?  I would hate it, but I would do it to keep in touch with our friend. 
I am pretty much going vegetarian.  I am still only about a third of the way through The China Study, but it is compelling clinically speaking.  It is so boring because it is very clinical.  Not my kind of reading. 

No comments: