Saturday, May 15, 2010

Stranger days....

Today started off as a beautiful am. I got up right before 6a and made it out for my Saturday am walk by 6:10a. The weather was beautiful. It was 68 degrees. The fog was still on the ground. The sun was rising over the horizon. As I walked, I took in the beauty of our world. The fog lay on the golf course. With the sun shining on it, it looked like smoke rising. After the horrible, but wonderful thunderstorm we had last night, I marvelled in the beauty of the fallen trees and was thankful that we have had our bradford pear tree removed since those seem to be the ones that fall or break the most. Then I got to the other side of the pond and saw the sun up much higher now reflecting on the pond. At that point, I could also smell the honey suckle. Whitney Houston's "I Believe" was playing on my iPod at the time. I found my thoughts drifting from how wonderful the earth is to how much I am completely in love with my husband. I got home right about 7:05am and since no one was up, I hung out in the laundry room and folded the laundry to my hubby would not have to later. About a half hour later, I heard my son who slept in our room talking to my husband. I went upstairs and took with me what had been folded. The day started out so well and then went downhill from there.
My children have been whiney all am. So whiney that we skipped the trip to the grocery store. We tried to hit a local farmer's market, but there just was not a lot there. I realize it is early in the season, but it was still disappointing. My hubby has been almost impossible himself. He has been impatient and intolerant. When you couple both kids with him, it is almost unbearable. I finally sent him off to the grocery store just to get him out of my hair. My grouchy factor is now down to two. It does not help that I had to take next choice again this month. Yes, I realize it is my own fault, but I really thought I had already ovulated. This will once again mess up my hormones. It has already upset my stomach like it did last time. I am sure we would be ok since Jon is on week 8 post vasectomy, BUT I don't want to take that chance.
The only bright spot in today so far aside from the amazing start to my day is my garden. It is flourishing for the most part. My loofah (and yes, it is a vine!!) is growing well. It just got its first true leaves. Then the jardale pumpkin and watermelon are thriving. The acorn squash which was the first thing I planted has more than handful of leaves now. My chili pepper plants have flowers and my bell pepper has flowers and fruit! The tomatoes are getting flowers, but I think it is a good idea to pinch the first few off. I'll decide in a few days for sure. The regular size pumpkin plant has a HUGE leaf on it and several more small ones. It is growing so well. I am pleased. My only concern is my big moon pumpkin (those pumpkins get up to 150 pounds!!!) My daughter stepped on it a few days ago. It has not died, but it is slow in recovering. The large leave has not grown a lot since it was stepped on and its first leaves are dying. It is getting new leaves so I am hoping that it will recover. I really want just one big pumpkin. Just one! The kids would love it. I am thinking that I am going to try putting row covers together in the next week or two. That should be interesting. I still need to do more research on it.

No comments: