Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Finally found something to motivate me.

I am still not able to get my lazy tail out of bed in the am so I think I have found some incentive. My hubby and I have an agreement that if we don't work out 5 days a week then we have to put both kids to bed one night the next week. That is punishment enough for anyone, trust me. I think that will force me to get my tail out of bed in the am, but we will see. I just need to get back in the habit is all. The weekends are easy. It is so nice to get up at 6a and go for a long walk or short run while everyone else is still sleeping and the world is just waking up. It is so peaceful. The week is different because I have to get up so early, but I just need to do it.
Today is the anniversary of a tragic accident that touched my life. It changed me as a mom and woman. Good friends lost their two and a half year old child this day 5 years ago. It hit me this am that their daughter's birthday is 4 days after my daughter's birthday so my daughter is almost exactly the same age that their daughter was the day she died. I see my daughter with her impatience, intolerance of anything and everything, and her temper and am just thankful to have her. I thought about that a lot today. Especially today. We had to put my daughter in time out 2 times this am while getting read for school and work. It was maddening, but I am thankful to have her. I know my friends would trade with me in a heartbeat. I would not blame them. I loved their daughter. I miss her. I think of her a lot mostly while I run. Watching your friends bury their child is almost intolerable. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done. I was pregnant with my son at the time. It changed me. I am very protective now--probably too much so, but it is what it is.
Today is also my husband's birthday. I forgot until about 10a today. That is just me. I am not so big on birthdays. He is a wonderful man. I love him very much. The last few months have been a re-awakening of our relationship. It has certainly changed a lot and for that, I am very grateful. He is generous, loving, a wonderful father, and so smart. Did I mention incredibly sexy too? One day when he was out shoveling snow this past winter, he walked back in the house, and I thought, "Damn, my husband is hot!" Anyways, Happy Birthday, Babe. I hope it is a good one. Here is to being 34. Hopefully you will not hit your 1/3 life crisis for years so you can live to be over 100. I want a good 75-80 years together. We are down almost 11 now so we are well on our way!

No comments: