Saturday, May 1, 2010

It finally hit me and it took a fair amount of beer for it to happen.

I realized last night after two beers (you can laugh, but that will not change the fact that two beers is a lot for me) why I cannot motivate myself to hit the gym or run in general. I am simply trying to survive right now. Work is my issue. I just have to get through it, but trying to navigate it is causing me a lot of problems. I don't manage stress well. When I am stressed I need to run, but I feel less like it when I am stressed. Due to the beer I drank last night, I did not make it out to run this am, but I am not drinking beer again for a while and it will be 70 in the am tomorrow so I am getting up at 6a to run. I will still be back to cook breakfast for the family by 7:30a. Yes, I cook breakfast for the family every Sunday. I love it and would not change it. We definitely have our weekend routines. We go out to breakfast every Saturday and then I cook breakfast for the family every Sunday. That is my weekend. I enjoy it quite a bit. We typically hit Whole Foods after Sat breakfast. Other than that, our weekend is pretty much spend outside when it is warm. I live for warm days so we can be outside. I hate the cold. It could be 100 (and it almost will be tomorrow) and you will never hear me complain. Let it get below 60 and I am miserable. I tolerated child birth without drugs, but I cannot tolerate temps below 50 at all. Go figure.
I will say that wearing a halter top today is somewhat liberating and does give more incentive to keep working out. It definitely makes me want to eat a whole lot better. I know from reading Jillian Michael's Master Your Metabolism that food is nourishment and should be treated as such. (Her book changed my life and how we each completely.) Feeling sexy in a black halter top helps me to think more about that fact as I go to stuff chocolate in my mouth. It just helps.

No comments: