Sunday, May 2, 2010

Hot! Hot! Hot!

I am not complaining. Please do not think that I am. I am just telling you that it is hot here, and of all of the luck, our AC upstairs is out. I was 82 up there last night. I was ok, but I felt bad for the kids. It is going to be 94 here today. The upstairs only got down to 77 overnight so Lord only knows how hot it will be up there by kids bedtime tonight.
I did get up this am to run. I ran about 1k and walked the rest. I am so out of shape already. It was so nice to be up and out early. It felt great. I am thankful for the warm weather for that alone. At least I can get up each am and run on Sat and Sun. Much preferable than going to the gym.
Dinner last night was nice. It was nice for my hubby and I to dine without the kids. I did not have to stop to tell someone to stop annoying her brother or remind someone to use inside voices. I ate a lot, though. I weigh 147.7 this am. I have decided that by my anniversary, I want to weigh 130. That gives me 15 weeks which I think is doable. My hubby was a bit weird yesterday. He was ok at dinner, but he was somewhat distant throughout the day. So much so that I wondered if I had done or said something during the previous evening. He claims that he was a bit tired and the kids were needy. I am not so sure. Sometimes I think that I make things too easy for him between us so he never has to work at anything. I just love him so much and want him to enjoy our marriage and family, but I get the concept of liking the chase. (I have lived off of that for the last 33 years. It is only recently that I realized that I have everything that I want and the grass is not greener, but that is a subject for another day.)
My cousin is on my mind. What awful thing lies within us? What is growing or living there that might kill us well before our time? I do not plan to live forever, but I don't want to die before 96. After all, I started my 1/3 life crisis at 32 so I have to live to be at least 96 now, right? What might cut my life short? What might take my husband away from me while we are still young? That reminds me. I need to schedule his physical....

No comments: