Thursday, May 6, 2010

And yes, it was a padded bra...

My husband and I had a nice long talk last night. You would not know this, but up until recently, I was not the wife I am now. I did not love my husband in the manner he should be loved. I loved him, but was not in love with him. Sounds so cliche, but it is true. He did something that I asked him not to in March and the fight that resulted from it, really enabled me to open up to him. It allowed me to finally be vulnerable to him and in doing so, I completely fell in love with him again. I love him completely in every way imaginable. It was the best thing that has ever happened to us. That was part of the reason why I was so hurt last night. I work myself to death getting up at 4:40a to get to the gym to be a sexy, hot wife for my husband and I just felt like there was little appreciation for that. We talked and I think it is resolved. I feel better about it anyways. I got some bra top dresses from Victoria's Secret today. I never thought I would have to send back the mediums to get smalls. Who would guess!!! I feel good about how I am working out and eating again. I am down to 145.5 today so 14 weeks and 15.5 pounds to go... Did I tell you how sexy I feel in the dresses that do fit? Getting old is not fun, but it is not all bad when you take care of yourself!
Here is the question of the day...if your husband told you one day he wanted a divorce. What would you do? When I was at the gym today, I was reading an article in Redbook, I think it was, where it talked about a book coming out where a woman had that happen to her and the story that followed. She ended up giving her husband some "space" and saving her marriage. I am not sure I could do that. I am not sure I could or would let my husband walk out of our house and then come back. Please don't think I am judging her negatively. I think it takes a very strong woman to do what she did. I am just not sure I could do the same. I hope I never have to face that situation. I would be devastated.
My garden is growing well. One jardale pumpkin is getting leaves. (Jardales stay green and don't turn orange.) I have a watermelon plant, an acorn squash, two tomatoes, a bell pepper, some chili peppers and two different orange pumpkins. One of them is a giant version. I am so hopeful that we get a giant one. I just want one good 50-60 pounder. It would make me so happy. I take a lot of joy and pride in my garden especially the pumpkins. You will undoubtedly hear about them more. I get obsessed!

No comments: